Ahlaisten kylä

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Kuuntele Ahlaste Tuupin tekemä ohjelma Ahlaisista. [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Ahlaisten%20kyla%20FI.mp3″]

Ahlainen village

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Listen Ahlaste Tuupi’s program about Ahlainen. [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Ahlaisten%20kyla%20EN.mp3″]

Mantansaari

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Kuuntele Heikki Nummisen haastattelu Mantansaaresta. [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Mantansaari%20FI.mp3″]

Mantansaari Island

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Listen to Heikki Numminen’s interview about Mantansaari Island. [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Mantansaari%20EN.mp3″]

Hiidenkiukaat

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Kuuntele Leena Koiviston haastattelu hiidenkiukaista. [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Hiidenkiukaat%20FI.mp3″]

Cairns – hiidenkiukaat

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Listen Leena Koivisto’s interview about the cairns. [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Hiidenkiukaat%20EN.mp3″]

Kokemäenjoen vaiheet

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Kokemaenjoki%20FI.mp3″] Kuuntele Leena Koiviston haastattelu Kokemäenjoen vaiheista.

The History of Kokemäenjoki River

Julkaistu January 28th, 2014 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Part 1  [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Kokemaenjoki%20osa%201%20EN.mp3″] of Leena Koivisto’s interview about the history of Kokemäenjoki

Part 2 [sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Kokemaenjoki%20osa%202%20EN.mp3″] of Leena Koivisto’s interview about the history of Kokemäenjoki

The Coat of Arms’ of Karhuseutu

Julkaistu April 29th, 2013 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Ahlainen

Ahlainen’s unofficicial local area coat of arms features a flying silver seagul equipped with red beak and red web-feet in a blue field

The coat of arms was designed by Ilmari Sysimetsä and was approved as the symbol of former Ahlainen municipality in 1954. However, Ahlainen merged with Pori in 1972.ahlainen harjavalta kokemaki kullaa luvia nakkila noormarkku pori ulvila

The design was inspired by Ahlainen’s coastal location.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Ahlainen%20EN.mp3″]

 

Harjavalta

Harjavalta’s coat of arms features a bundle of golden lightning, accompanied by two golden crosses on each side in a blue field.

It was designed by Ahti Hammar, and approved as the symbol of Harjavalta in 1952.

The design was inspired by the Kokemäenjoki river, which flows through Harjavalta and is harnessed to produce electricity. The diagonal crosses represent the river damming, and the lightning refers to the Harjavalta power plant that was built in 1939.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Harjavalta%20EN.mp3″]

 

Kokemäki

Kokemäki’s coat of arms features a silver miter with golden hems and ribbons in a blue field.

It was designed by Gustaf von Numers and approved as the symbol of Kokemäki in 1953.

The design was inspired by Saint Henry, the bishop of Finland who acted and served as a bishop in the Kokemäenjoki valley in the mid 12th century.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Kokemaki%20EN.mp3″]

 

Kullaa

Kullaa’s unofficial local area coat of arms features an uncovered, upwards-facing pile of red charcoal in a silver field, divided by a cloud figure into a black field on top which has the symbol of iron with both sides having a six-pointed star, all colored silver.

It was designed by Gustaf von Numers and approved as the symbol of former the Kullaa municipality in 1950. However, Kullaa merged with Ulvila in 2005.

The design was inspired by the iron production of Leineperi Iron Works in the Kullaa region. The iron symbol, cloud figure and pile refer to the burning of charcoal, that produced the materials needed in the Iron Works.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Kullaa%20EN.mp3″]

 

Luvia

Luvia’s coat of arms features a golden schooner with three masts in a blue field.

It was designed by Heikki Hermonen, and was approved as the official symbol of Luvia in 1953.

The design was inspired by Luvia’s ship building and maritime history. From the 19th to early 20th centuries approximately 470 wooden ships, such as schooners, were built in Luvia.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Luvia%20EN.mp3″]

 

Nakkila

Nakkila’s coat of arms features a lamprey in a golden bar with three golden ears on each side in a blue field.

It was designed by Gustaf von Numers and approved as the symbol of Nakkila in 1953.

The design was inspired by the Kokemäenjoki river, which flows through Nakkila. The bar of the coat of arms represents the river, and the lamprey represents the region’s fishing history. Nakkila is known for it’s lampreys and fishing has been practiced in the region throughout the ages. The ears in the bar represent the extensive fields around the river.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Nakkila%20EN.mp3″]

 

Noormarkku

Noormarkku’s unofficial local area coat of arms features a red squirrel sitting on an anvil in a golden field.

It was designed by Ahti Hammar and approved as the symbol of former Noormarkku municipality in 1956. Noormarkku would later merge with Pori in 2010.

The design was inspired by the Iron Works built by the Oravajoki river in the 19th century.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Noormarkku%20EN.mp3″]

 

Pori

Pori’s coat of arms features a fowards-looking, red-eyed and red-tongued black bear head with a red crown in a golden field. Above the coat of arms is a mural crown and below is a a blue ribbon with silver lettering that reads “DEUS PROTECTOR NOSTER”, an electoral phrase meaning “God is our protector.”

The coat of arms was designed by Olof Eriksson and approved as the symbol of Pori in 1959. The Coat of arms is based on Eric O.W. Ehrström’s design which was approved as the symbol of Pori in 1931.

The design was inspired by the city’s seal that was used in the 17th century, and the electoral phrase is from the city’s founder Duke John’s coat of arms.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Pori%20EN.mp3″]

 

Ulvila

Ulvila’s coat of arms features a golden image of Saint Olaf, sitting on a silver throne with a battle-axe and an orb in his hands in a green field.

It was designed by Ahti Hammar, and approved as the symbol of Ulvila in 1952.

The design was inspired by Ulvila’s namesake, Saint Olaf, who was the patron saint of Ulvila’s medieval church.

Listen to the narration done by Felicia Prehn

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Ulvila%20EN.mp3″]

 

 

kaikkilogotyhdessä

Luvian kappeli ja kirkko

Julkaistu February 26th, 2013 | Kirjoittanut
Uus Jussi

Kategoriassa

Kuuntele Luviaopas Marja Kasken haastattelu kappelista ja kirkosta.

[sc_embed_player_template1 fileurl=”https://googledrive.com/host/0BwSfQp4jdQTVcjJZUTByM19tVUU/Luvian%20kirkko%20ja%20kappeli%20FI.mp3″]

 

Kappeli

Luvian kappeli

Luvian kappeli sijaitsee Luvian hautausmaalla ja se on valmistunut 1910-luvun alussa. Alkujaan sitä käytettiin ainoastaan siunauskappelina. Kappeli sijaitsee Luvian entisen kirkon paikalla ja kappelin rakentamisessa on käytetty vanhasta kirkkorakennuksesta saatuja materiaaleja. Vanhojen materiaalien uusiokäyttö näkyy mm. kappelin seinien koristemaalauksissa, jotka ovat peräisin vanhasta kirkosta.

Kirkkolaiva

Myös monet vanhassa kirkossa olleet esineet ovat nyt kappelissa. Kappelin esineet ovat pitkälti tehty Luvialla: esimerkiksi kappelissa sijaitseva rippikello on peräisin lähellä sijainneesta kellovalimosta. Kappelin kattoon on ripustettu vuonna 1803 valmistunut purjelaivan pienoismalli. Yleensä kirkoissa olevat purjelaivat ovat merimiesten lahjoittamia, mutta Luvian kappelin kirkkolaivan ovat aikoinaan seurakunnalle lahjoittaneet luvialaiset sotilaat.

Luvian kappeli

Nykyään alkuperäisessä kunnossa olevaa kappelia käytetään ainoastaan kesäisin, sillä kappelissa ei ole lämmitystä. Kesäisin siellä järjestetään suosittuja hartaushetkiä sekä erilaisia perhejuhlia kuten hautaan siunaamisia, kastetilaisuuksia ja häitä.

Lue kappelista Luvian seurakunnan sivuilta. (suomeksi)

Kirkko

Luvian kirkko

Luvialaisesta punaisesta hiekkakivestä tehty Luvian kirkko on valmistunut vuonna 1910 ja sen on suunnitellut Josef Stenbäck. Kirkkoa alettiin suunnitella Luvialle jo 1800-luvun alussa, kun vanha kirkko oli huonokuntoinen. Vasta 1900-luvun alussa kirkon rakennustyöt aloitettiin. Rakennustyötä johtivat kurikkalaiset rakennusmestarit.

Kirkon sisäseinät ja sisäkatto ovat nykyään valkoiset, mutta 1960-luvulle asti seiniä koristi kauniit ja värikkäät kukkakuviot. Todennäköisesti koristemaalaukset olivat menneet huonoon kuntoon ja korjaamisen sijaan silloinen kirkkoherra päätti, että kirkon sisäseinät ja sisäkatto maalataan valkoiseksi.

Vaivaisukko

Kirkon ovella on 1990-luvulla valmistunut vaivaisukkoveistos. Sen on tehnyt Tuomo Salonen ja vaivaisukko on veistetty moottorisahalla. Vaivaisukkoperinne on suomessa pitkä, mutta nykyään vaivaisukkoja ei juuri käytetä. Entisaikaan vaivaisukkoveistoksien kautta seurakuntalaiset lahjoittivat rahaa seurakunnan köyhille ja heikko-osaisille, joita kutsuttiin vaivaisiksi. Nykyään vaivaisukon kautta voi lahjoittaa rahaa Luvian seurakunnan diakonia- ja auttamistyölle.

Pyhä Anna

Luvian kirkon alttaritaulu on nimeltään ”Jeesus ilmestyy opetuslapsille Genesaret-järven rannalla” ja sen on maalannut Ilmari Launis. Maalauksessa on opetuslapset perkaamassa verkkoja kalasaaliin kanssa, joten se sopii Luvialle mainiosti, sillä Luvialla on pitkä kalastushistoria. Alttaritaulun seurakunnalle lahjoittanut mies oli merikapteeni. Sama merikapteeni perusti myös rahaston kirkon ensimmäisiä urkuja varten.

Luviamadonna

Lisäksi kirkosta löytyy kaksi keskiaikaista puuveistosta: Luviamadonna ja Pyhä Anna. Veistosten alkuperästä ei ole varmaa tietoa, mutta todennäköisesti ne ovat Luvialle tulleet Saksasta merimiesten mukana. Luviamadonna kuvaa Neitsyt Mariaa ja Jeesusta. Pyhän Annan veistos kuvaa kolmea sukupolvea: Neitsyt Marian äitiä Pyhää Anna, Neitsyt Mariaa ja Jeesus-lasta.

Kirkossa tapahtuva toiminta koostuu perinteisistä sunnuntaijumalanpalveluksista ja kerran kuukaudessa kirkossa järjestetään aamujumalanpalvelus sekä ajoittain konsertteja. Lisäksi kirkossa on vihki-, siunaus- ja kastetilaisuuksia.

Lue kirkosta Luvian seurakunnan sivuilta. (suomeksi)

kaikkilogotyhdessä